Personal data protection policy GIGAMEDIA
In the context of its activities, GIGAMEDIA (trademark of Conectis located at 312 rue des Hauts de Sainghin - CRT 4 - 59811 Lesquin registered under number 309 304 616 RCS Paris. Conectis is a company of the Rexel group) is required to collect and process, as controller within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulations, personal data concerning you.
Ensuring the confidentiality of your personal data is the basis for establishing a relationship of trust. Therefore, we take the protection of your personal data seriously when we conduct our business.
The purpose of this policy is to explain to you how we collect and process your personal data. It may be modified at any time, in particular to take into account the evolution of the technologies used, the publication of new services and new regulations, in which case the new version will be published on our website.
What categories of personal data do we process?
GIGAMEDIA collects and processes several types of personal data. These are mainly the following categories:
- GIGAMEDIA collects and processes several types of personal data. These are mainly the following categories:
- Business contact information: Company name, e-mail address, postal address and telephone number (fixed and mobile), company size, function, interests and other contact information such as Twitter address
- User account information: your user name and passwords for authentication and account access.
When personal data is requested from you, you may refuse to provide it. However, if you so choose, we may not be able to provide you with the product or service concerned.
When we collect and process your personal data ?
Your personal data is collected and/or processed on the occasion of:
- consulting our website www.gigamedia.net and/or our applications;
- the creation of your customer account; the management of the rights to use the customer account
- the supply of products and services
- the administrative and financial management of the customer relationship
- the sending of commercial offers, prospecting and/or newsletters as you wish
- during our exchanges: the content of your messages, e-mails, letters or telephone calls to us When you contact us, telephone conversations can be listened to and recorded for the purpose of improving customer relations ;
- satisfaction surveys.
Why do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Customer relationship management: creation of the customer account, registration and execution of orders (delivery, invoicing and payment)
- Improvement of our products and services offer: surveys, analyses and statistics on the use of our website, our applications and our products and services offer ;
- Marketing :
- sending newsletters about our products and services,
- o prospecting: sending communications (including e-mails, phone calls and SMS) about our products and services or those of third parties (which we think may be of interest to you, for example because they have similarities with other products and services that you have purchased or for which you have expressed interest). We may also share your personal data with other companies in the REXEL group for commercial purposes. This may include providing your name, telephone number and e-mail address so that they can contact you to offer you products or services.
- o personalized content proposal: we may use your personal data to present you with personalized content and advertising, loyalty programs, events, contests, prize draws.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
Depending on the case, Gigamedia processes your personal data on the following legal bases:
- the processing is necessary for the execution of a contract to which you are a party or for the execution of your request (in particular when making contact) ;
- the processing is in accordance with the legitimate interests pursued by GIGAMEDIA (example : fraud prevention) ;
- In some cases, we must keep your data because the law requires it (example: to ensure security in general, for tax reasons, etc.)) ;
- and if required, on the basis of your consent
To whom are the personal data transmitted?
We may also share your personal data with partners and/or service providers for any of the purposes listed above. Our service providers and partners must comply with our privacy and security rules, and are not allowed to use them for any other purpose.
In addition, we may disclose your personal data to the following people:
- to the judicial, police or administrative authorities legally entitled to know
- to the parties involved in judicial proceedings to ensure our defence or exercise our rights
Do we transfer personal data internationally ?
We may transfer your personal data outside France and the European Economic Area. In this case, we ensure that appropriate measures are in place to protect your personal data.
How long is personal data kept?
- We keep your personal data for as long as necessary to achieve the purposes of the processing. The storage period varies from one type of personal data to another since it depends on:
- the need for GIGAMEDIA to retain personal data in connection with its activities
- contractual obligations
- legal obligations
- the rules and recommendations published by the authorities responsible for the protection of personal data
What means are used for the security of your personal data
We regularly review the technical and organisational measures put in place to protect our information and communication systems, in order to adapt them to the risks you face and prevent any loss, misuse or unauthorised modification of your personal data. Nevertheless, the security and confidentiality of personal data are based on everyone's best practices and we invite you to be vigilant. It is your responsibility to keep confidential the password you use to access our website and/or application(s). We will not ask you for your password, except to log into your customer / user account
GIGAMEDIA does not control all risks related to the operation of the Internet and we draw your attention to the existence of possible risks inherent in its use and operation. We accept no liability for any damage caused by access to or use of our site, including viruses infecting your computer or any other material damage.
What are your rights?
- Right of access: you have the right to know the personal data we hold about you and to request a copy of it and to request information on the purpose of this processing ;
- Right of rectification: you have the right to obtain the rectification of inaccurate personal data about you, and in certain cases the erasure or limitation of their processing ;
- Right of opposition: you may object to the processing of your personal data for the purpose of prospecting ;
- Right to limit processing: you have the right to ask us to limit our use of your personal data in certain cases ;
- Right to delete : you may ask us to delete your personal data (under certain conditions) ;
- Right to data portability: If applicable, you have the right to receive a copy of the personal data you have provided to us (in a machine-readable format) or to have the data transmitted to another company ;
- Right to withdraw your consent: you may withdraw your consent for the use of your personal data at any time when it is required.
How to exercise your rights ?
To exercise the above-mentioned rights or obtain additional information on these rights, you can :
- contact us using the following contact details
Data Protection Officer
Address: GIGAMEDIA - 312 rue des Hauts de Sainghin 59811 Lesquin Cedex .
Email : email@example.com
- You can change your personal data by going to the "my account" section on the Gigamedia
- You can access your communication media preferences by going to the page : preferences.gigamedia.net
- At any time, you can unsubscribe from a support by clicking on the link at the bottom of each communication.
When you visit and/or use our websites and/or applications, cookies or other tracking devices may be stored on your device (computer, tablet, smartphone).